My Cookie Project


So my sister in law asked me to make cookies for my nephew Logans first birthday. Not just any cookies, frosted sugar cookies that WOW! You know, cookies that are artistically colored and put in cute little clear bags. Well.........I am not that good at decorating cookies (really haven't tried). Cupcakes yes, cookies no! So feeling challenged and determined to make them SPECTACULAR I have been researching, watching vids, buying fancy tools....you get the picture.

Yesterdays batch wasn't too bad. I used store bought icing and made simple circle sugar cookies and piped a rim and an "L" in the middle. Todays batch, not so good. I made home made icing, tasted yummy, but turned out perhaps a little thin. And my "monkey" making skills leave something to be desired.

One looks like a deranged monkey alien, one looks like a bear, one apparently needs a face lift, oh and look, one got shot! I have a feeling I know what I am doing for the next few nights!

Did I mention I need to make at least 110 cookies by this Saturday?

Comments

Popular Posts