Cooking: Healthy Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps



Since I am doing a Sunday and mid week prep I thought I would share some of my favorite recipes I have tried and now stick to. This one was/is fantastic (rave reviews). The meat mixture is pretty versatile as well.  

Ingredients
1 teaspoon olive oil 
1 pound extra lean ground beef (95% lean) or turkey
1/2 diced white onion
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce  
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice 
1 tablespoon light brown sugar 
2 –3 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or hot sauce
1 c shredded carrots 
2 diced green onions 
8 large romaine or butter lettuce leaves 
Brown rice
Directions
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook, stirring often, for 3 mins, add diced white onion and cook 2 more minutes or until crumbled and browned. Add  carrot,  cook 1 minute.
Combine soy sauce, lime juice and brown sugar in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir into beef; cook 1 minute until heated. Remove from heat. Stir in green onions, and chili sauce.Spoon beef mixture into center of each lettuce leaf with or without brown rice (my husband used rice, I skipped it).

*I tend to add my carrot right after I add  my sauce because I like my carrots more firm and crunchy.
21 Day Fix: Equals 1 Red, 1 Green

Comments

Popular Posts