Your Collections, useful or useless?



A lot of people collect things. They collect character stuff, shot glasses, mini spoons, keychains, and in some cases, boyfriends! How much of what people collect, whether for fun or to remind them of vacations, is useful or useless? My husband and I collect coffee mugs. We get them from every locale we visit, both local and far off vacations. I come to realize not only is our collection useful (since they do not sit on some display shelf but in our kitchen cabinet for everyone to use!) but they are a fantastic reminder of our trips together. I love having my morning coffee in our coffee cup we got in Maine that shows you "how to eat a lobster". I find giddy pleasure in having hot chocalate in the cup we got visiting Mackinac Island. And how much fun is it to have my mocha cappuccino in my favorite Bahamas cup?

Collecting CAN be fun, if it does more than sit on a shelf collecting dust and lacking to trigger memories.

Hey Liz...here's my FAVORITE Mackinac cup!



And my husbands fav Michigan cup (back gives Mi history!)........



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts