Characters on clothes….what is acceptable?

I am, without question, the type of person who thinks NO ONE over the age of 7 should wear ANYTHING with a cartoon character on it. Now, this to me has always meant, Mickey Mouse, Minnie, Bugs Bunny etc. but, all of a sudden in fashion, it is hip and cool and fashionably acceptable to wear Trix the Rabbit and Speed Racer on washed out t shirts. This I am o.k. with. I still do not think you should have any type of character on your hoody, sweatshirt, pants, or socks! NO NO NO! But RETRO, and that is exactly what I am talking about, on t shirts, can be cute, fashionable, quirky and fun.

 Just make sure you do NOT add matching accessories!

Comments

  1. Haha, I won't even put my kids in character clothing. I don't know what it is, but I think of trailer parks every time I see a kid in a Dora or Backyardigans t-shirt. LOL. Isn't that terrible?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts