I don’t believe in “finding time”…..I believe in “making time”!


As a wife, mother, employee, and blogger, time can be tight. Sadly most women do not think they can find time for themselves. But when it comes to you and your time, you need to make the time. Taking care of ourselves is extremely important to the health and well being of not only us, but our marriages and families. So, how can we “make time”? By setting limits, times, and scheduling effectively. For bloggers it is very easy to get lost in the every day, time seems to slip by. You have to post, research, check out other blogs and sites, write, get pictures together, link information. It’s a lot of work. Not to mention also having to take care of the kids, the house, dinner, and your husband! So how can we make time, set limits, and get a great schedule that works? By trial and error, by working on it and taking advice from those who have done it. Here are some simple steps, steps I use, to organize your day a little better:


1. Map out your “have to do” daily schedule. This will include getting the kids ready for school, making meals, picking up and dropping off, work (if you work outside the home, or at home) etc. Include times so you have an idea of where “open time” is.

2. Decide what else you feel is a “must” daily, break it down to specifics like research, visiting other blogs, posting…..and give each a set amount of time.

3. Schedule your “must do’s” into your regular daily schedule and stick to it.

4. Pick one things that is “me time”, whether that is reading a book or magazine, working out, painting your nails, watching a favorite show, or calling a girlfriend. Now decide how much of that “me time” you would like….20 mins, 30 mins, an hour. SCHEDULE IT IN! I schedule in my workouts every other day in the morning, and I schedule in reading time for 30 mins at night. And I stick to this!

5. Along with your basics make a list of 3-8 things you would like to get done that day. When you have free time, refer to your list. Cross off what you complete. Anything not done gets moved to the next day. My daily list consists of cleaning bathrooms, watering plants, calling the doc for an appt., 3 loads of laundry, etc. It really helps me stayed focused on where I am at and what I need to do.

Hopefully these little ideas, which you may already be doing, will help keep you on track and help you MAKE THE TIME FOR YOURSELF!


Happy Blogging!

Comments

  1. I needed this right now . . . I hate to hear myself say, "I wish I had time to do (this or that)". I think you are completely right. You have to MAKE TIME. Thanks so much for giving me the slap I need to MAKE TIME FOR ME. I REALLY appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I think we all need reminder from time to time. Enjoy "your" time today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often get that "how can you have the time?" question when I mention that I blog and take pictures along with being a father, working, and taking care of a house. Yeah, it's all about finding the time for the extracurricular stuff or at least sneaking it in when you can. It can be a tricky balancing act where the scales tip too far into one direction or another. Or the load becomes a bit much. But it's something that needs regular adjusting to fit how life is functioning now. I'm also a big believer in "to do" lists in order to keep focus on what should or can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely think you need to make time and I loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said! Regular adjusting is so true! That applies to everyones life, regardless of what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts