42 Shoes and Counting.....

So I read an article a few days ago that stated that women, on average, have 17 pairs of shoes. This morning, in my Spring cleaning frenzie, I cleaned out my shoe closet. Yes, they are in boxes, with pictures on the outside to identify them (not everyone is in the box they came in) and yes, they are catagorized. 
 
I counted my shoes. This was AFTER I decided to donate a few pairs.

42.

Yes, I have come to realize I own 42 pairs of shoes and boots. And on my list of things to do today was "shoe shopping". Thank goodness my favorite designer is Kenneth Cole and NOT too pricey. And I shop smart and off season for flip flops (I will only pay more for boots or gym shoes, which I ONLY wear to the gym!). Hmmm, my husband sees my shoes but he has never seen or heard a number. And he won't (unless he reads this!). A long time ago I had friends laugh at my outrageous number of tank tops (around the hundred mark) and I come to realize I have enough bikinis to take a small country of women swimming. But every outfit needs different shoes just like my tanks are for year round layering. See, totally justified.

Oddly, I don't think I am the only one with this many shoes (and I know some of my fashionistas out there exceed this by a lot!).....Happy Shoes!

Comments

Popular Posts