Monthly Menus, 6 months at a time!

So, having done my dinner menu's a month at a time I decided I would knock out 6 months at once and save myself the trouble of having to do it monthly.  I decided I would make 6 calendar sheets (1 for each month) and start by filling them with some of our basic and regualrly loved meals like Lasagna, BLT's, and Panini's. Then I searched for new recipes to fill in the rest. Once done, I printed the sheets out and each one was stapled to a folder. Inside I put any recipes that I had that were hard copies (all others are kept in a folder on my laptop). I then made 1 shopping list for that month for staples, (like chicken stock and rice, or maybe I would need dried mustard, rotini, and frozen spinach). after that I made 4 small lists, one for each week that listed perishables like fruits/veggies/dairy. These were put in the folders as well. The folders, when done, were put in a hanging file folder in my desk for easy access. Now for the next 6 months I know what I have to buy and what I will be making!

Love it, life has become a little more simple!


Comments

Popular Posts