Is it that hard to dress appropriately according to the occassion?

Last week my husband and I had to attend two funerals. I was shocked to see how some people dress when paying their respect. Maybe I am not so shocked, I have seen this before. I understand the young like to dress young but there is a time and place for every outfit and every shoe! this goes for older people too. At the first funeral I saw a girl show up wearing a skirt that barely covered her southern region with knee high boots. Seriously......this was the best outfit she could find in her closet to attend the burial of a grandmother (her friends)? Honey, you look cute for the club or bar, NOT a funeral. Then at the same funeral there were people in jeans. Come on people, you are not going shopping, you are saying goodbye to a fabulous woman who deserves a little more effort in your clothing choices!

Maybe I am old fashioned? Maybe I was raised better? My mother taught me that you wear the proper attire according to the function. Nowadays people wear jeans to funerals, jeans to church , lounge pants to shop, pajama's and hoodies to finer restaurants.........I just don't get it? Is it really that hard to put some thought into dressing? And please, I don't want to hear about comfort! I have so many dresses and pants that are just as comfortable, if not MORE comfortable than jeans or pj's!

It's not just about fashion and looking fabulous (which IS important to some!), but about having respect for others, for the event and for yourself. Take some PRIDE in how you look....and save the thoughtless dressing for when you are alone in the house!

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Comments

  1. This just reminds me of that movie "Gran Tornino" in which his teen-aged granddaughter wore a short skirt with a top that was too short, showing her midriff at her own grandmother's funeral. I agree with you about dressing appropriately. It is better to over-dress than to under-dress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts